I love that spring is here! I want to take advantage of the warm weather and spend as much time outside as I can. One way I’m planning to free up some time is to spend less time in the kitchen by having some freezer meals ready to go for dinner.
Freezer meals are awesome because they are typically made in bulk ahead of time and frozen in the appropriate portions. The recipes will either call for the meal to be cooked the day of in the crockpot or in the oven, but the majority of the prep work is already taken care of. Because you can make the freezer meals in bulk, you will save money in the long run. Also, because the prep work is eliminated, you free up more time to get back to your busy schedule or catch a few extra rays outside!
Another way I stock up on freezer meals is by making double portions of some of our favorite dinners and freezing the leftovers. The Crock-Pot Taco Soup is perfect as a freezer meal. The night before I place the frozen portion in the refrigerator to thaw overnight. I then reheat it in the crock-pot during the day and its ready at dinner time.
I mentioned in my post about planning out your meals ahead of time how this will help you keep on track with your budget. Freezer meals can be planned ahead of time as well. They are perfect to put on days where I know life will be really busy and dinner will need to be quick and easy.
I have rounded up 5 freezer meal plans below. They all have different tips and tricks, and of course recipes. I am going to give these a try this spring and summer because they all look so tasty!
- The Chaos and the Clutter has 5 recipes and instructions on how they prep their freezer meals.
- Mother’s Niche rounded up a few of her favorite freezer meals. She has a great variety from breakfast to dinner.
- Busy Mommy Media has great step by step instructions for her Chicken Dump dishes. She even has a second meal plan out if you need more recipes!
- New Leaf Wellness has 17 different freezer meal prep sessions, but I will just share two that really stood out to me. The first is their Kid Friendly session. Fully of yummy dishes that were kid approved. And second if their Vegetarian meal session. A lot of the freezer meals I have seen require some sort of meat, so New Lead Wellness has a variety of vegetarian meals all planned out.
- I am that Lady has 11 different meals to try including chicken, pork and beef recipes.
What are some of your favorite freezer meals you keep on hand for busy days?